With baby boy's impending arrival, we tried something new this year and stuck around home for Thanksgiving, hosting a few friends and their families. Jeritt did a terrific job with the bird, and we had a great day with wonderful company. And with four little girls under the age of three, there was certainly never a dull moment! Backing up a bit, Ella's little brother has been keeping me up at night, so on Monday morning Jeritt stayed home for a couple of hours and took Ella to their favorite neighborhood spots - Starbucks and the park. I really needed the extra rest, and they clearly had a fun outing. Aunt Erin came to watch Ella on Wednesday morning while I went to the doctor, and then the three of us girls enjoyed a great day together. After the big holiday, we spent Friday at home with Uncle Jeff and Aunt Kristin, watching the final Hawkeyes' loss of the year. On Saturday we ventured out to the burbs for some fun at an indoor play place we'd heard great things about. We had a lot of fun and will definitely make another trip soon. That afternoon we met our friends, Nick and Jovana, at Scooter's (our favorite neighborhood ice cream shop) for one last scoop before it closes for the winter. And on Sunday we enjoyed brunch with friends, Gavin and Korin. Interestingly enough, we met them for brunch on the Sunday I went into labor with Ella, so it only seemed fitting that we meet at the same place. However, I'm a week earlier than I was with Ella, so I doubt there will be any baby in the next 24 hours - but you never know!
 |
| Daddy and Ella's morning out. |
 |
| Who doesn't hit Starbucks in their jammies?! |
 |
| Ella has been working on this rock wall at the park for a while. She's got it figured out! |
 |
| Clearly excited about her rock wall accomplishment. |
 |
| Blowing bubbles with Aunt Erin. |
 |
| Jeritt's beautiful bird. |
 |
| The last photo as a family of three?! |
 |
| Chocolate pie for dessert. And a little finger painting. |
 |
| Cinderella loves to help Mommy clean the toilets. |
 |
| She found a comfortable spot. |
 |
| Ella playing at the Exploratorium. |
 |
| An enormous lite brite. |
 |
| Gone fishin'. |
 |
| I think she would've fallen in if we hadn't stopped her! |
No comments:
Post a Comment