It should come as no surprise to hear that Ella is a funny girl. We've always thought so, and most other people say the same upon meeting her. However, now she knows it. She recently learned the meaning of the word, "hilarious," and now when she does something silly, or even naughty, she accompanies it by shouting, "ilarious!" (hilarious). I guess it's working for her, as we usually can't help from smiling. This week was also a big milestone for both Ella and me. She began a twice-weekly art class, where I dropped her off for the first time. Considering that she's been asking me daily if it's September (when she knows preschool begins), I guess I should have expected that she'd be ecstatic to attend this "big kid" class. An hour before we needed to leave for the first class, she'd packed her backpack (with Moo Cow, of course), had it on along with her shoes, and was waiting by the door. Multiple times on the ride to class she told me that I could leave, as she could do it by herself. It's a good thing she was so strong, because I struggled to hold back tears when I walked out the door alone. (Sigh), I guess this is the beginning of the hard part of watching your kids grow up. At least this will make the preschool transition easier in the fall!
As for the rest of our week, we enjoyed Aunt Abby's company for the first half of the week, and had a great weekend with friends and family, including a trip to the beach with cousins Ava and Reid!
 |
| With Aunt Abby helping, Ella got her own cart at Trader Joe's for the first time! |
 |
| Showing Abby how it's done at Scooter's. |
 |
| Even superheroes have a hard time climbing trees. |
 |
| Aunt Abby doing Ella's hair for her first day of Art Camp. |
 |
| Check out those guns! |
 |
| Ready to go to Art Camp! |
 |
| She made a boat and was driving it. |
 |
| Ella wanted to make a car, so Daddy helped her do it. |
 |
| Note the coasters glued to the sides to resemble wheels. |
 |
| Enjoying some watermelon. |
 |
| Headed to the pool. |
 |
| A rooftop dinner with our friend, Jonah. |
 |
| Another rooftop dinner with more friends! |
 |
| A day at the beach. |
 |
| Ella wanted to be buried in the sand. |
No comments:
Post a Comment