It's been quite a week for our family. Some wonderful things, and some sad. With the polar vortex, the kids were off school for a few days last week. We recently decided we wanted to adopt a kitten, and on Tuesday afternoon, Maeve and I fell in love with a young cat (not kitten), and were determined to make him ours. This meant that Jeritt had to detour to the animal shelter on his way to the airport for a work trip (all family members must be present to adopt), and that we had to beat out competition to take him home. Just as the weather turned severe late Tuesday afternoon, we took our new friend home. The kids were ecstatic, and after a few trial-and-error names, we committed to Simon (he's part Siamese). However, by Wednesday, our new kitty was not feeling well at all. And by Thursday, neither was Ella. I ended up taking both to the respective doctors, and receiving meds. Ella had strep, and Simon has an upper respiratory infection. Though he's lost weight, he's finally starting to perk up and eat more, and we're loving our new addition to the family. As for the sad news, my Grandpa C., my dad's father, passed away on Saturday morning. His health had been declining and we knew it was coming, and I'm so glad that I was able to spend the weekend with my family back in Iowa. Jeritt stayed with the sick kids and cat while I saw my grandpa one last time and was able to be with my incredible grandma.
 |
| The look I received when I told them we were taking a cat home from the shelter. |
 |
| Meet Simon! |
 |
| Ella immediately started making cat toys. |
 |
| She used the polar vortex days off to complete some sewing projects. |
 |
| Our sick kitty... |
 |
| Lazy mornings. |
 |
| Surprisingly, Simon is very tolerant of Maeve's enthusiasm. |
 |
| She never ceases to amaze us with her wardrobe choices. |
 |
| Cat selfies. |
 |
| Jeritt picked up Skip Bo and taught Ella to play. She's nearly a pro, just like her Grandma Nee-Ma:) |
 |
| Simon making himself at home. |
 |
| Love that face. |
 |
| Jack made Simon a cat toy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment