Sunday, August 18, 2019

Catching Up

I know I've said it before, but I think is actually the longest blog post yet. I guess that's what happens when you pack an insane amount of fun into a month and fail to maintain weekly blog updates. I'll attempt a few captions below, but as a recap, here's what we've been up to: a trip to the Garfield Park Conservatory, building a playground at school, a Collins family vacation to Wisconsin, Jack nearly breaking his nose in a gnarly bike wreck, Uncle Sam and Lindsay coming to visit and attend Lollapalooza, a day-trip to Lake Geneva with friends, a trip back to Iowa with the Bushaw crew, Ella staying with Grandma and Papa in Iowa (and her first solo flight!), visiting a forest preserve complete with waterfall, and many more moments I couldn't squeeze in. I'll try to do a better job of posting once the kids are back in school, but for now, good luck with the ridiculous amount of photos below!


The Garfield Park Conservatory 





Bike riding in the alley, moments before Jack crashed.


It actually looked worse in the days to follow, as the bruising and swelling increased.

The very next day, Jack wanted to get back on his bike. Tough kiddo!


As some of you may know, I've been part of a new playground project at school. After two years, it's finally happening! We spent a day building part of the playground via a community grant. It was really cool, and I can't wait for the kids to play on it soon! 
Poor Jeritt got stuck on concrete. What a trooper!


Our corporate sponsors, Radio Flyer, supplied fun ride-on toys for the ribbon cutting.






While Jeritt and I were busy building, our sitter took the kids on a walk near the river and they took some fun photos.





Grandpa Al left behind a few coin jars, and after counting them, each of the kids had about $30 to spend. We let them choose their last birthday gifts from Grandpa. Jack chose a Shop Vac wet-vac attachment. Grandpa would have liked his choice:)

They make a cat closet for Simon.

Counting Grandpa's coins.

Modeling the superhero cape that Ella made for Alice's 2nd birthday.



We couldn't find Simon after unpacking a new TV. He was stuck in the box.

Our trip to Wisconsin with the Collins crew.












When fireworks are on clearance after the 4th of July, Dad stocks up. 
Cousins!





Uncle Sam teaching Jack how to make an arm pit fart.







Beach day


Lollapalooza



Maeve absolutely loves Lindsay, and really wanted to hang out with her at the beach.


Sam and Lindsay



Checking out the dessert menu

She made a telescope out of a toilet paper tube and insisted on taking it to the park for some exploring.

Running errands with mom. 
Sam and Simon really hit it off.


A gorgeous day in Lake Geneva.





Ella caught a fish!



Ella made Simon a cat house.


Back at Lollapalooza.

Ella made reusable napkins and paper towels to be more environmentally friendly.

You can often find Jack under the kitchen sink, checking out the dishwasher hose. 
Our sunflowers for Grandma Nee-Ma are growing pretty tall!


This kid loves watermelon.


Friends at Lake Geneva.

Nine kids between us!



Ella loved her time in Iowa, especially her time with her great grandparents.

Playing cards with Great Grandma Pruin. 



Swapping stories with GG.

A beautiful night in Iowa.








Baby Paul loved Ella's hair.

Best buddies.


Tubing on the Maquoketa River.

This child loves sand.





With Ella in Iowa, I found some fun things for Jack to do. Like a trip to Home Depot to check out dishwashers.

A couple of sleepy kittens.

These two played so well together.

An outdoor movie with friends. 

Another Jack-inspired adventure - hiking to a waterfall.



Living his best life.

Maeve telling me where to go during our hike.



No one wanted to stop playing to take a picture.

Making a welcome home sign for Ella.

Ella flew back by herself from Iowa - we were so happy to see her!!

Ella created a stuffed avocado and a skirt during a sewing camp.


Back to Iowa, showing off for Grandpa Rich.




Grandpa brought donuts to the farm.



A couple of goofballs in a tub.

These new additions to our garage belonged to Jeritt's dad. Fits perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment