Sunday, March 4, 2012

Alas, She Has Returned

Last week, if you recall, I mentioned how Ella hadn't quite been herself - tired, snuggly, quiet, still, and not very interested in food (even cheese). Well, this week has been a very different story. Her appetite and energy have returned with a vengeance. On Tuesday, she managed to consume toilet paper (off the roll, thankfully), belly balm (don't worry, it's an all-natural product I used during pregnancy), and a schmear of dirt from the washing machine trap - all before 9 a.m. Please don't assume that I'm letting her run amok while catching up on Real Housewives drama. The girl simply gets into everything, and is on to the next exploration before I can clean up the first. And with all of that action, Ella worked up quite an appetite. The wailing began as soon as I stuck her pasta in the microwave and she could hardly wait the 30 seconds before literally devouring it with both little hands. Yet she still gagged on the mashed potatoes I made for dinner. I may not be Paula Deen, but I'm pretty sure they taste better than belly balm.  


Helping me transfer our wine corks. One. By. One.

And she only chewed on a few.


'What'd I do?'

There is no mess that this smile can't make up for.


The endless Tupperware entertainment.




No comments:

Post a Comment