Last night we returned after 10 days in Iowa. It began with Jeritt and I spending the weekend in Des Moines to help support our good friend, Sara, in her fundraising efforts for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society by attending the finale gala. It was fun to dress up and celebrate Sara with other college friends! Then Jeritt left for a week of travel for fun and work, while I joined the kids at my parents house. Jack was on the tail end of his latest crud, and by Tuesday, Ella and I had it, too. Thankfully, I had lots of help, especially since Jack was very busy getting into EVERYTHING at grandma and grandpa's house, including digging in potted plants, making phone calls with their cordless phone, and literally going through every cupboard or drawer within reach. Grandpa dubbed him "the home inspector." We also spent time with both great grandparents, including attending Great Grandpa P's 80th birthday party. On our way home on Sunday, Ella and I were able to attend the bridal shower of our soon-to-be aunt and sister-in-law, Jamie. It was a great trip, but we sure were excited to see Jeritt last night!
 |
| Our first gala! |
 |
| Playing the harmonica with Papa. |
 |
| Helping Grandma with dinner. |
 |
| Catching him in action. |
 |
| A picnic on the deck. |
 |
| Watching the horses. |
 |
| Jack petting Rex, the pony. |
 |
| Jack wasn't as sure about the pony ride. |
 |
| Ella rode Rex all by herself! |
 |
| Jack terrorized the cat. |
 |
| He also tried to ride the cat. |
 |
| Both of my grandma Jeanettes! |
 |
| Playing "peas porridge." |
No comments:
Post a Comment