Monday, September 1, 2014

Low-Key Labor Day Weekend

What a wonderful, long weekend. After a busy summer, it was so nice to just hang out at home with few plans and gorgeous weather. We spent Saturday with Abbie and Eric, and her parents, Clay and Bernice, who were all in town visiting. It was great to catch up and spend some time together - we've really missed them! Sunday was a low-key day of parks, pool, and al fresco dining followed by an evening walk. Today has been full of errands and work around the house, happy Labor Day!

Doing a little painting.


This is what I'm dealing with.


We were doing a little photo shoot to show off her fancy hair (I regained my french braiding skills).












We used Great Grandma C's recipe for homeade play dough, even scenting it like she always did!

Working on their projects together.





Laying in their fort.

With the recent rain and Jack's new rain boots, I thought it would be a great idea to let the kids splash in the puddle at the park. Clearly, I didn't think it through entirely.





Just another day for Super Hero Ella!


She wanted to recycle some garbage, which required "garbage gloves."




Don't worry, Ella's little friend is ok. She and Ella were acting out "Frozen" at the park.

Practicing soccer on the new field by our house.


Jack taking a snooze.


No comments:

Post a Comment