Monday, January 16, 2017

5 Days of Bliss!

We survived!  Ella, Jack and Maeve were in the trusting care of Dad the past 5 days and we can thankfully say that nobody was materially injured.  I now have additional respect for Liz as this was a very long 5 day stretch.

We made the most of it though. We started the journey with a Starbucks trip before dropping Ella off for Kindergarten on Thursday and ended with a trip to the Kohl's Children's Museum in Glenview on Monday.  In between, we went to the Children's museum at Navy Pier, played at Little Beans, made world famous 3 Amigo pizza and pancakes, played with the Smith and Pillai families, saw Jeff, Jace and Finley, and made a much needed trip to the park for some fresh air.

One of the additional benefits was the ability spend some quality time with Maeve.  She is an amazing little girl.  Thankfully it only took about 4 days for her to quit calling me mommy when she wanted picked up.

Given the amount of activities, (and that fact that I posted the blog), get ready for a lot of photos. I am fairly confident that this the longest ever blog post...

Best buddies. 

High wire act during the circus


Maeve wanted to play as well. 

The box was normal until Maeve climbed on.  It started to break and Maeve panicked and grabbed the table.  

She gave up. 

Pizza for Ella's birthday party (Full disclosure, I bought the dough).  

We're trying but we still need a little work on pizza dough tossing. 

Watching garage truck videos after lunch

Then off to play with the real thing. 



Golfing in the basement with the clubs that Santa brought. 


So focused. 

No caption needed. 

Facetime with Mom

Little Beans here I come!






Maeve was a little nervous of the slide at first but this became a favorite activity. 










Maeve liked it so much that she ran back after I put her coat on. 
Train time.  


I asked Jack to smile...

I said don't smile.  Go figure. 

A quick trip to Marianos. 

Kids were on sale...

Fun in the kitchen


Jack is raising the roof.  Ell is looking at it.  


 
The action shots of Ella and Jack throwing the dough were better but didn't show up.  Needless to say (phun intended) they likely don't have a career in pizza. 

Ella is truly an amazing helper.  
Ella and Jack wanted to read books like in Kindergarten / Preschool. 



Maeve wanted to join. 


Off to the Children's Museum at Navy Pier

Building a house of Maeve








Finishing touches. 

Complete. 


Maeve is a fan of dominoes.  








Jack had to show Maeve how to drive. 

Maeve was intrigued by the singing and dancing. 







The finished product. 

Dinosaur time. 




Ella quickly found the TV. 



Sweet Mandy B cupcake time with the Smith family (Ella and Harper share the same birthday. Jack and Harrison were born 1 day apart). 

Wait for it...


Jacks turn 
Jack was a little tired/sick after his friends left.  Ella decided to read him a story (and cover him up) 
Ella also had me get a "puke" bucket just in case. 




I caught Ella giving Jack a hug when I came back downstairs.  Seriously the sweetest little girl. 
This is Jack at 5:30 pm.  He was a little tuckered out.

Sleeping in Dad's bed.



Maeve has patiently waited and now has tasted her first Starbucks.

You should see the look she gives when she now sees a vanilla bean scone. 


Sunday morning arts and craft time.  Ella made a kite. 


It worked!

Sort of

Time to get some fresh air.  Ruff Ruff also needed a walk.  

Jack was very excited to show Maeve how to go down the slide.

Kohl's Children's Museum.  We started with a little grocery shopping. 




We found uncle Jeff, Jace and Finley. 


Off to Potbelly's.  Finley patiently waited for Ella to make her sandwich. 


Ella is checking out her animal at the Veterinarian clinic. 

I'm not sure what Jack is doing. 


Bushaw band.


Jack did a fantastic job playing with Maeve at the museum.  





This was Jack less than 5 minutes after leaving the museum. 

Playing with Sahana and Sid (Ella's classmate and our neighbors)

An oldie but a goodie.  Ella's tooth the night before it came out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment