Sunday, January 8, 2017

A Great Start to 2017

 I thought I'd be ready for the kids to return to school following winter break. But I'm not. Even though we battled illness and cold weather, and pretty much stayed home most days, we had a fantastic break. It was so great to have Ella home every day, and Jack loved having his best pal back. We camped in the basement, slept in and stayed in pajamas until practically noon, and enjoyed some good 'ol family time. This past weekend, we also began celebrating Ella's upcoming sixth birthday. Jeff, Kristin, Finely, and Jace joined us for a family pizza dinner and cake on Saturday night, and today we had a pool party with some good family friends. As if we needed another reminder that our baby girl is growing up, she lost her first tooth this week! And she truly lost it. She refused to let us pull it, and it finally fell out on its own. We don't know exactly when or where, but I have a pretty good guess:) Fortunately, the tooth fairy still came.

Ella with one of her birthday gifts. Her friend, Becca, picked this out. It's a tie-dyed dog that had puppies. Of course, Ella loves it.


Jeritt and I each took a turn camping in the basement with the kids.


Performing in the kitchen.

Maeve was a party baby on New Year's Eve!


Trouble...

"No pictures, please!" Our favorite garbage man on duty.

She really loves a bath by herself. I can't blame her.


Jack and Dad leaving on their man date.



Shes's grown a little since she received this dress.

Her new smile!


The note she left the tooth fairy. 

Her new tooth pillow.


Mom and Ella on a girl's night.

As I predicted, she LOVED the baked chocolate chip cookie with ice cream.

Ella wanted to make her own birthday cake this year!

Family birthday party!







Post-pool party with our friends.

Maeve wanted to be part of the group.




No comments:

Post a Comment