Monday, January 4, 2016

Jack's First Day of Preschool

Happy New Year! We had a great long weekend, celebrating with a few families and enjoying a movie night at home. After a crazy few months and the holidays, we're ready to get back in the routine - or the new routine. And today it begins with Jack's first day of preschool! He's joining his big sister on Monday afternoons. After repeatedly sneaking into Ella's classroom at drop-off and asking to go to school, we decided he'd benefit from a little structure and play away from home. I think it will help to have Ella with him, too, before he goes solo in the fall. Maeve also had her two-month appointment today. She weighs 10 pounds, 7 ounces, and is almost 23 inches long. She's right about the same measurements as her siblings at the same age. Maeve continues to be a really good baby, and is getting more smiley all of the time (when she finally gets the attention:).

Jack in front of school!

He was so busy playing right away that he wouldn't even look up for the photo.

Someone is excited for his first day!


Ella wrote Jack's name by herself!
Ella has recently started making "statue" poses.  Here are a few... 





Erin joined in. 


Ella read a book to Maeve. She did a great job!





Two months old!









If you need a pants-less handy man, I know a guy.


Wearing her new jumper that Grandma made for her.


Going on a bear hunt.



I swear she wanted to do it.


Cheers on New Year's Eve!

I love Jack's face here. I think he's watched his dad sniff wine a few times.

As predicted, Ella didn't like the sparkling juice, and Jack loved it. 




Modeling the winter gear that cousin Dena made for the kids. Ella had asked her to make a pair of mittens last summer when Dena visited, and while I knew Ella wouldn't forget, Dena didn't, either! 


Family movie night!







Ella got to sleepover at Erin and Martin's house! They even took her out for dinner!

Ella enjoying breakfast at Erin and Martin's. She was so excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment